Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lunch at Wintzell's downtown.

My best friend invited me out to lunch yesterday. Friday the 20th being the first Lenten Friday of 2015 meant we would be having lunch at a seafood joint. Now, living on the Gulf of Mexico, we have great seafood. That's why it is somewhat blasphemous for me to say that I don't really care for seafood.

At first my friend was hesitant about going, because he knows that I don't like seafood. I reminded him that most seafood joints have really good burgers or chicken fingers for those freaks of nature like me. To be honest, a really good seafood place is one of the best places to get a burger.

My bestie gets in the car, and after running a quick errand we start thinking about where we are going to eat. He says he is craving something with seafood, pasta, and an alfredo sauce. I tell him that we are not going to Olive Garden... and he agrees.

Where we end up going is an old Mobile, Alabama staple for seafood. Wintzell's Oyster House has been THE place to go for seafood for as long as I can remember. And they have a pretty darned good burger.

We started with the fried green tomato appetizer. It was really good, was topped with a crawfish sauce that was really tasty. I had the cajun seafood pasta and my friend had the seafood Napoleon.
For my first time trying scallops, I was really impressed.