Friday, October 10, 2014

Chicken Kind of Garam Masala

For supper the other night I decided to put a spin on Chicken Garam Masala.
I started off with one boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized chunks, a tablespoon of garam masala, 1 medium white onion diced, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a splash (about a tsp) of apple cider vinegar, and some salt and pepper, mixed it all up in a bowl and let it marinate for a couple of hours.

I cranked up the heat on my skillet then I dropped the chicken and onions into the hot pan, stirring constantly to keep it from burning. Once the onions started to turn clear, I added 1/4 red wine (I used a 2011 Norton from Cavender Creek Vineyards ) and a can of diced tomatoes.



 Then I threw in a palmful of oregano, just because.

 For my noodles, I decided ramen would be the way to go so I brought some water to a boil

 Threw in 4 packs of ramen noodles and cooked them for 3 minutes (per package instructions).

 When the noodles were cooked, I tossed them in with the sauce.

 And here is the finished product. OMG it was so good, although I probably should only have cooked two ramen packets. 

RECIPE
Chicken kind of Garam Masala
1 boneless skinless chicken breast - diced
1 medium white or yellow onion - diced
1 TBS garam masala
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
4 packs (should have only used two) of ramen noodles - spice packet discarded

  1. In a bowl, mix chicken, onion, garam masala, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.
  2. Bring a skillet to medium high heat, then add the chicken onion mixture.
  3. sautee until the onions start to turn clear then add 1/4 red wine and one can of diced tomatoes. 
  4. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 45 mins.
  5. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions
  6. Mix noodles and sauce together in skillet
  7. serve