Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Real life getting in the way.

Real life has a bad habit of getting in the way of the internet presence. Last Monday, my mother-in-law died and my husband and I have been working through that. This weekend is my husband's and my yearly pilgrimage to the wineries of North Georgia. Next week I hope to be back to blogging on a regular schedule, but I am not making any promises.

I had thought that putting out 3 posts a week would be easy, but that proved challenging when real life gets in the way like it tends to do. I think I am going to have to amend that expectation to updating every Tuesday.

Right now, TheHusband and I are trying to get together addresses and birthdays so we can take over his mother's tradition of sending out birthday cards. We have her address book and trying to translate some of the entries is challenging at best. 

Along with that there are plans for the Georgia Wine Highway. It is more problematic because the Georgia Wine Growers Association has split the weekend from one three day weekend into 2 two day weekends. It's great for the Atlantans, but for us folks from out of town we can still only travel up for one weekend a year. I am hoping that next year they change it back to the 3 day format.

Our tentative schedule is:

Its the March 21-23 
Friday 3/21 - Sharp Mtn, Montaluce, 3 Sisters, Cavender Creek
Saturday 3/22 - Serenberry, Crane Creek, Hightower, Tiger Mtn, Stonewall Creek, 12 Spies
Sunday 3/23 - Yonah Mtn, Sautee-Nacoochee, Habersham.

I'll be taking notes and will put up reviews of this year's trip next Tuesday. 
Until then, real life is beckoning again. Have to get the car serviced today and some other stray things taken care of. 

Peace and long life.
Drew